Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend Update

No, my wife did not have our baby over the weekend. But I have literally been busy every minute of the past three days. Insanely busy. Self-pitying busy. Robotically busy. But I see the end coming.

I was able to accomplish perhaps 75% of what I wanted to from Friday’s post. We did a tremendous amount of work on the house; kudos to my father-in-law for helping out and lending us the use of his car so we could pick up my daughter’s new bed. He also cleaned all the basement windows and well as the laundry room sink, and I mean to the point where it looks like they’re all new items.

Still have no internet connectivity for me; my wife is hooked up for her business. In fact, my PC isn’t even assembled in the new home office. I expect to get that done tonight; possibly by the next day or so I hope to be able to access the web. But, of course, this is all really due to when the baby decides to make things happen.

My guess is an inducement tomorrow, Tuesday, September 16. My wife is going for her fourth ultrasound in two weeks and will consult with her OB-GYN. The doctor is a very aggressive and competent guy, and my gut tells me he’ll go with that gameplan. I’m excited, my wife’s a bit nervous, and we’re all so physically and emotionally drained. We haven’t even settled on names, for either gender. Hopefully, we’ll look at that wrinkled puffy face and magically the child’s correct name will become apparent. I hope.

I will try to blog every day, as usual, excepting this past weekend. The blog was set up to get me back in the habit of daily writing, which it has, over the past six months. But, and I’m sure you’ll agree, these are quite exceptional circumstances. Maybe I’ll post shorter thoughts instead of longer essays. I don’t know how I’ll be in a sleep-deprived state (not that I’m getting much rejuvenating sleep these days anyway), at least for the first week of the littlest one’s life, but I’ll do my best.

The show must go on, and all.

No comments: